Turmeric with Black Pepper
- Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
- peppercorns along with curcumin supplement, in order to enhance absorption.
- Curcumin is also fat soluble, so it may be a good idea to take it with a fatty meal.
- Curcumin is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory Compound
- Inflammation is incredibly important.
- It helps the body fight foreign invaders and also has a role in repairing damage.
- Without inflammation, pathogens like bacteria could easily take over our bodies and kill us.
- Turmeric Dramatically Increases The Antioxidant Capacity of The Body
- Oxidative damage is believed to be one of the mechanisms behind aging and many diseases.
- Curcumin happens to be a potent antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals due to its chemical structure.
- But curcumin also boosts the activity of the body's own antioxidant enzymes
- Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases
- One of the main drivers of this process is Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF), which is a type of growth hormone that functions in the brain
- Many common brain disorders have been linked to decreased levels of this hormone. This includes depression and Alzheimer's disease
- Interestingly, curcumin can increase brain levels of BDNF
- Curcumin Leads to Various Improvements That Should Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Heart disease is the biggest killer in the world
- Curcumin may help reverse many steps in the heart disease process
- Perhaps the main benefit of curcumin when it comes to heart disease, is improving the function of the endothelium, which is the lining of the blood vessels.
- Turmeric Can Help Prevent (And Perhaps Even Treat) Cancer
- Cancer is a terrible disease, characterized by uncontrolled growth of cells.
- There are many different forms of cancer, but they do have several commonalities, some of which appear to be affected by curcumin supplementation Researchers have been studying curcumin as a beneficial herb in cancer treatment. It can affect cancer growth, development and spread at the molecular level
- Studies have shown that it can reduce angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels in tumors), metastasis (spread of cancer), as well as contributing to the death of cancerous cells
- Curcumin May be Useful in Preventing and Treating Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's disease is the most common neurodegenerative disease in the world and a leading cause of dementia.
- Therefore, preventing it from showing up in the first place is of utmost importance.
- There may be good news on the horizon, because curcumin has been shown to cross the blood-brain barrier
- process of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Arthritis Patients Respond Very Well to Curcumin Supplementation
- There are several different types, but most involve some sort of inflammation in the joints.
- Given that curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory, it makes sense that it could help with arthritis. Several studies show this to be true.
- In a study of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, curcumin was even more effective than an anti-inflammatory drug
- Studies Show That Curcumin Has Incredible Benefits Against Depression
- Curcumin has shown somve promise in treating depression.
- In a controlled trial, 60 patients were randomized into three groups (45).
- One group took prozac, another group took a gram of curcumin and the third group took both prozac and curcumin.
After 6 weeks, curcumin had led to improvements that were similar to prozac. The group that took both prozac and curcumin fared best.
Black Pepper 5mg